[TriLUG] Server Hack Night Thursday 20 November

Brian Gerard bgerard at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 12:01:09 EST 2014

When:    Thursday, 20th November 2014, 7pm-9pm
Where:   WebAssign, Inc., 1791 Varsity Dr., Suite 200, Raleigh, NC
Parking: The Parking Deck behind the building (see below)
Map:     https://goo.gl/maps/ZBftS

TriLUG has shared infrastructure that we all use and enjoy.  Come join
the Steering Committee at WebAssign, just down the street from our
regular meeting spots on the NCSU Centennial Campus, and help us keep it
all running smoothly.

There are many things that we want to put in place to increase the
stability of our systems, and it's highly likely that you possess skills
that would help us toward that end.  Or maybe you have an idea of your
own for a service or feature that you think other TriLUG members would
enjoy using.

Come geek out with your fellow TriLUGers!  We'll have drinks and some
light snacks on-site, and feel free to brown-bag it if you'd like
something more substantial.

Parking is available in the deck behind the building, reachable via the
driveway off of Varsity Drive (see the map, linked above).  Head
straight to the top level and park in any open space.  The door is
directly past the small runoff basin, in the corner, and will be locked.
Someone will come by to let you in, and there will be a sign with a
number to call for late arrivals.

Goals for the Evening:
* Investigation into the oom-killer related crashes, and some initial
   mitigation measures to avoid future blow ups.

* We want to set up a TriLUG bitbucket account and start loading up
   various non-sensitive system configuration files and such.

* Tribot isn't putting its irc meeting logs in the right spot.  We need
   to fix that.

* Anything else that helps keep pilot up, available, and performant.