[TriLUG] Commercial Smart Host Providers

Brian lugmail at cheetah.dynip.com
Mon Nov 17 16:28:15 EST 2014

On 11/17/2014 4:11 PM, Alan Porter wrote:

> Could you elaborate?  Either here, or privately to me?

Hi Alan,

It was exactly a week ago (Nov. 10), but for a while pilot was rejecting
all my attempts to authenticate, either through SSH w/ public keys, or
SSH with a password, or SASL with password.  That issue resolved itself
(as an aside, I e-mailed steering at trilug.org from my gmail account and
never received a response, which I thought was odd, but perhaps whatever
was causing my login problems also gobbled that message).

However, I lately got a chance to notice that pilot seems to be scanning
my outbound e-mail for SPAM-likeliness; I do a lot of craigslist
communication, and one person's quoted reply showed my message to them
had been prepended with pilot's "this looks like spam" banner.  That's
not something I can live with, but again since pilot's service is free,
I'm not here to complain or argue about it (as a free service obviously
doesn't owe me anything).

Thanks,
-Brian