[TriLUG] "Cleaning" a Windows machine

MrB brentrbrian at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 10:02:07 EST 2014

advise customer that this is windows ...
advise that they use a linux partition for the web

take the linux dvd and a usb hard drive
boot from linux
rsync the windows c:\ to the drive
reload factory image
all software must be reloaded from the original source

DO NOT EVER PLUG USB HARD DRIVE INTO WINDOWS OS ... it is INFECTED

reboot from linux dvd ... copy DATA ONLY from portable hard drive to
windows partition

I do this ALL THE TIME ... if you want to contact me offline brentrbrian at
gmail.