[TriLUG] OT: lack of security at BofA

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 12:53:50 EST 2014

On 12/21/2014 07:42 PM, Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Dec 2014, Ric Moore wrote:
>
>> Joe, difficult can also be intelligent. Your idea was spot on. Myself,
>> I don't deal with BoA at all. I just happen to dislike them. :) Ric
>
> I did everything I could not to be with BofA, but each bank I was in,
> was bought up by another bank ... and now I'm with the last one
> standing, BofA.  I have a credit card history of 30yrs with only one
> late payment. Last time I got a house mortgage, the mortgage guy said to
> never close that credit card account, it's such a large part of my
> credit record. So I'm stuck with BofA because of that credit card. I've
> only been with BofA for about 10 of those 30yrs.

I don't want to turn this into a banking spam-fest, but I use PNC bank.
The deal with PNC and our non-profit
( http://www.communitysuccess.org ),
is that PNC will open a checking account for anyone getting out of
prison or jail for any amount of money. fee free, and they come to our
office to teach budget/banking classes for free to our clients. PNC has
been GOOD to us. :) Ric

Linux user# 44256