[TriLUG] Fax vs. .pdf - calling all IT gurus

M. R. 13miketele at bellsouth.net
Tue Dec 23 11:21:33 EST 2014

Special to IT savants:

Is there security basis for preferring faxes to .pdfs attached to emails
as a method for putting documents (hand-signed or otherwise) into the
hands of agencies*?

*Agencies: such as brokerage firms, banks, insurance companies,
government offices, etc.

To my untutored mind faxes and .pdfs are both the output of a document
scan. The only difference is the mode of delivery. What have I missed
and how much effort is needed to get the system off its fax-fixation?

Thanks.

Mike R.