[TriLUG] OT: local source for logic ICs?

Phillip Rhodes (Fogbeam Labs) fogbeam at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 13:22:28 EST 2015

Awesome, glad to hear it.

FWIW, if anybody else uses 74xx chips, you can buy "grab bags" of them from
Jameco for something like a couple of dollars a pound.  You have to sort
them and straighten the pins (sometimes) yourself, but it's a cheap way to
maintain an inventory of useful ICs.

Also on a semi-related note: there is quite a bit of "hobby electronics"
(and related stuff) that goes on at Splatspace, and Splat members
occasionally coordinate group buys from the various component distributors
(Digikey, Mouser, Sparkfun, Adafruit, Jameco, etc.) to take advantage of
volume discounts and save on shipping costs.  If you do any electronics
work, it might be worth joining the splatspace mailing list just to keep an
eye out for these group component purchases.

Phil