[TriLUG] Tracking File Downloads

Ken M ken at mack-z.com
Sun Jan 25 12:38:32 EST 2015

Never used a CDN before and a little Google-Fu I see that there is a module for Drupal to improve integration with CloudFlare.

Although I think this is a reasonably good suggestion I am going to push it back to the longer list of things to look into doing.  Main reason is the rushed pace of this project there is still a lot of active development on the site as we figure things out.  One example is iTunes does not like our image and all the possible reasons they list as an error are covered.  All other sites work with the feed, just iTunes fails.

At this point I am still tweaking and adding modules and the theme is still not where I want it to be by a long shot.  I am just now hitting the point with content though that I need to clone the site to a test instance to stop doing active development in a production environment.  Yes I know...

Part of this issue is the pace that we went from the first meeting of the parties involved to the very first episode being recorded in one week exactly and tomorrow we record the 3rd episode.  It has been a pretty crazy month.

So I am definitely going to look into this but I hesitate to put a CDN between us and the users till I know iTunes is seeing our feed properly and the development pace has slowed enough that a cache refresh delay will not be a problem.

I know it sounds like a thank but no thank response but it is not.  I had not ever really considered that and I think it is a great idea, I just am hesitant to do it as a right now idea.

Ken