[TriLUG] Google Fiber

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Mon Feb 2 15:38:43 EST 2015

On Mon, 2 Feb 2015 15:16:38 -0500
Ron Kelley <rkelleyrtp at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is crazy.  I just called TWC and spoke with a lady in the
> retention department.  I asked why I am charged $39.95/mo for the
> 30/5 package when my father-in-law pays $34.95/mo for the *same exact
> package*.  She was a clueless as could be and had no idea how he got
> that price.  When I asked about dropping the rate, she said "...that
> rate is only for new customers".  In fact, I know at least two people
> who got 30/5 for $34.95/mo and they have been with TWC for a long
> time.  I also asked about the Ultimate (50/5) package, and she said
> it was $107/month!  Good grief!  It is not that expensive even on the
> official TWC page!
>
> Guess I should be happy to pay $39.95/mo for my service...

You sure should. Here in Orlando I'm paying $55/mo for 20 down and I
think 2 up, with Brighthouse. My only other alternative is a 1 year
contract with CenturyLink, the phone company, for 3 down on twisted
pair, for about the same money.

In a situation like this, I'm very nice to Brighthouse: I don't want to
piss them off.

SteveT