[TriLUG] scanner software - was Re: Printer/scanner recommendations

Dewey Hylton plug at hyltown.com
Wed Feb 4 19:47:30 EST 2015

> From: "Jack Hill" <jackhill at jackhill.us>
> Dewey,
>
> I'd like to hear about what you find lacking in xsane? Every time I've used
> it, it has been great. I've used the simplified scanning software too
> (like simple-scan) and found that workable, such that I didn't complain
> when it was the only scanning software on the computer, but have never
> wanted to install anything other than xsane on my laptop.
>
> Best,
> Jack

during the time period originally mentioned, it did not handle my slide scanner. that's what got me looking elsewhere, as originally discussed. it's also failed with a few other devices over the years that i've dealt with on other folks' linux machines. but past that, i don't have much of an answer - vuescan has always worked out great for me so i don't even bother with xsane.