[TriLUG] best encryption solution for encrypting source control?

Michael Peters michael00peters at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 11:18:00 EST 2015

I could be misunderstanding, but this sounds like a very bad idea. If
you don't trust your source control host, then get a new one.

If you start committing encrypted files you loose most of the benefits
of a source control system since you can't see diffs, proper
histories, etc. You're essentially treating all your source files as
binaries from the SCMs point of view and most of them handle binary
files as poor second class citizens.