[TriLUG] Printer/scanner recommendations

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 18:27:54 EST 2015

On 02/05/2015 05:18 PM, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Feb 2015 16:42:29 -0500
> Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 02/05/2015 01:11 PM, William Sutton wrote:
>>> There have been a lot of news reports of building contractors,
>>> carpet cleaners, restaurants, etc., actually suing (case in point,
>>> Hadeed carpet cleaners in Virginia).  If you have resources to fight
>>> litigation, go ahead and leave a nasty review.  Otherwise... as
>>> someone once said, "silence is often the best answer."
>>
>> I was tangled up in a "non-compete" clause when I quit one company
>> and went to work for another. The company I went to work for had very
>> deep pockets and lawyers hanging around on retainers. We got into
>> deposition where I dropped the bomb that I had been baby-sitting the
>> territory left vacant, that was along side my physical territory and
>> that I had never been paid for it! Holy shit, the lawyers for the
>> other side scurried like cockroaches. We settled out of court for a
>> pittance after the bad faith behavior was exposed. It felt good! Ric
>
> I don't understand what "babysitting territory" means.
I bore all of the responsibilities for a adjacent vacant territory,
maintaining the customer base and sales. Turned out the regional manager
was sucking down a large bonus, while screwing me pay-wise. The bastard.
But, if I hadn't had the best of the best in Houston, I would have
gotten ripped in court. So, they had to pay me all of the back pay
before we could go back into deposition. It felt GOOD! :) Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html