[TriLUG] Reminder for Thursday Meeting: February 12th - Un-Meeting

Bill Farrow bill at arrowsreach.com
Mon Feb 9 13:16:39 EST 2015

Topic: Un-Meeting
When: Thursday, 12th February 2015, 6.45pm (pizza at 7pm)
Where: NC State Engineering Building 2 Room TBA, Centennial Campus
Parking: The parking decks and Oval Drive street parking are free after 5pm
Website: http://www.trilug.org/2015-02-12/un-meeting

This is where you get to join in and share your passion or skills.
Please consider coming down to the front of the lecture theater and
sharing your knowledge along with other like minded people. The idea
is to have a small panel of people for each talk, and not just a
single presenter. If you want to show pictures or slides, hosting them
online is a good idea.

This format will be a little different this week, and so we are going
to start a little earlier than usual at 6:45pm.

Proposed Topics:
==============
1. Useful Vim Plugins and How To Manage Them
There are a few really good Vim plugins that make some common tasks a
lot easier, if not downright enjoyable. I'll demonstrate a couple of
them, and show one that makes managing vim plugins dead simple. Then
share your favorites!

2. MythTV
"Linux in your living room": Do you run MythTV ? Tell us what frontend
hardware you have ? Want to share a cool add-on or remote control ?

3. Github Flow
Using pull requests, web hooks, and code review to avoid breaking the build

4. Linux File/Directory Permissions and Filesystem Concepts
Per newcomer request, let's go through all the permission settings on
files and directories, and what they all mean. If we have time in the
slot, we can also explore some fundamental filesystem concepts
(inodes, superblocks, etc).