[TriLUG] Mailing list changes to mitigate DMARC rejections

Jack Hill via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Feb 13 09:58:03 EST 2015

Hello volunteers!

Recently, Yahoo and other large mail exchanges have begun rejecting
messages whose message contents are not authenticated by the DMARC
signatures as an anti-spam measure. The TriLUG mailing lists break the
DMARC signatures by adding a tag to the subject line and the mailing list
footer. To work around this policy, I have configured mailman to re-write
the From: header so that mail sent via the mailing list will not appear
to come from a domain that implements DMARC, so DMARC signatures will not
be checked and Yahoo users will again be able to receive our mail.

For more information see:
http://wiki.list.org/DOC/What%20can%20I%20do%20about%20members%20being%20
unsubscribed%20by%20bounces%20of%20Yahoo%20user's%20posts%20for%20DMARC%2
0policy%20reasons?

Best,
Jack
--