[TriLUG] Intermediate Git Workshop

Brian Gerard via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Mar 17 14:39:19 EDT 2015

Disclosure: I do know Nathan; I'm passing this to the list on his
             behalf, regarding a paid professional development event
             that some of you may find useful and/or interesting.

--------

Hello TriLUG,

I am presenting an all-day Intermediate Git workshop on March 31. If
you're familiar with the basics of Git and want to learn or review
intermediate level skills, this is your workshop.

Some of the highlights:

- Review source control basics
- Solidify basic Git skills
- Establish a firm underestanding of
   - git blame, git log and how to use them with code anthropology
   - Tagging, branching, branch merging strategies
   - Resolving merge and rebase conflicts
   - Rewriting Git history
- Tie it all together by seeing how thoughtbot uses Git

The workshop is focused on Git, so while examples will use some code, no
specific programming language experience is necessary. It will be a mix
of instruction and hands-on exercises.

This thoughtbot workshop is $449. Join me from 9:30 am to 5 pm, Tues.
March 31 at American Underground's Raleigh campus on Fayetteville St.
Registration details are here: http://tbot.io/git-workshop

Cheers,

Nathan
--