[TriLUG] Javascript ( and jQuery ) questions

Brian McCullough via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sun Apr 19 02:06:06 EDT 2015

On Sat, Apr 18, 2015 at 11:12:42PM -0400, Igor Partola wrote:
> jQuery('.something') returns an array-like object which contains one or more DOM elements (representation of your HTML tags). You can only use jQuery('.foo').serialize() if .foo is a form. Otherwise, it is meaningless. I suggest you inspect the results of these functions in the developer console, and not via alerts.

Thank you, Igor.

Yes, I have been trying to explore options through the console, too.

The issue that I did not get to describe, is that I have been finding
that it frequently seems to ignore my breakpoints in Firebug.  If I put
a breakpoint between the two alerts, I see the alert messages, but it
does not stop at the breakpoint.

As I said, I am getting very frustrated by this.  All I want to do is to
send the data represented by foo to the server.

> Igor

Brian