[TriLUG] booting an external disk with grub 0.97

Joseph Mack NA3T via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Apr 21 12:54:29 EDT 2015

On Tue, 21 Apr 2015, Steve Litt via TriLUG wrote:

>> Or you can put the disk inside the machine.
>>
>> Alan
>
> Voids warranty.
>
> SteveT

that's the problem here. I'm teaching someone python. He only has the windows
laptop he got for xmas. He and his parents are not the fire-breathing GNU and
hardware freaks that we are and quite reasonably don't want to void the
warrantee.

There is no need to either. All I need to do is run Linux off an external disk.
This should be easy, right?

Joe

jmack (at) austintek (dot) com - azimuthal equidistant
map generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml