[TriLUG] live ubuntu [ Was Re: booting an external disk with grub 0.97 ]

Alan Porter via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Apr 22 10:49:08 EDT 2015

>> and, since you are running from USB, it will be permanent.
>
> my wifi settings aren't saved between runs. How do I make them permanent?

When you create your USB stick, there is an option to create a
persistent file
storage area.  This is the "casper-rw" filesystem that is overlaid on top of
your read-only cramfs in a "union-fs" way.

Anything you save to the filesystem will be stored in this casper-rw
file.  It's
an ext3 filesystem image on your memory stick.

Alan