[TriLUG] live ubuntu [ Was Re: booting an external disk with grub 0.97 ]

Mauricio Tavares via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Apr 22 12:57:47 EDT 2015

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 12:32 PM, Joseph Mack NA3T via TriLUG
<trilug at trilug.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Apr 2015, Brian McCullough via TriLUG wrote:
>
>> No, it's the first thing that WE would want to run.
>

> Oh, I see. Well that accounts for a lot of what I see on the screen.
>
> I just need a bunch of xterms and vi.

      You know, I must be missing something. I just bootup from my
ubuntu 10.04 livecd usb drive and I found terminal and vi there, both
of which I happily used.

>> Remember that Ubuntu, and particularly Unity, are aimed at users from the
>> Windows and Mac world, where there is no such thing as a terminal. ( Or, at
>> least, that is the way that the users think. )

      And that is why I used it to convince a few windows users to try it.

> so how do they write all their fortran code? :-)

      That's what sed is for, you know. ;)