[TriLUG] unetbootin [ Was Re: live ubuntu SOLVED [ Was ...]

Joseph Mack NA3T via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Apr 23 17:55:20 EDT 2015

yOn Wed, 22 Apr 2015, Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Apr 2015, John Mitchell wrote:
>
>> Try unetbootin:
>>
>> http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/
>
> this looked really slick. It's supposed to work for just about every distro.
> However it locked up after downloading the ubuntu iso. It was telling me it
> was writing, without the usb key light flashing, for about 5 mins. I killed
> it.

It's failed 4/4 now, with Ubuntu, Slax (once by download and once from the file
on the disk) and Mint. The last three of them produced a flashkey that wouldn't
boot from the bootloader menu. All had different errors, but none booted.

Joe

jmack (at) austintek (dot) com - azimuthal equidistant
map generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml