[TriLUG] I choose me! :)

Brian Gerard via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Apr 28 12:55:36 EDT 2015

Hello TriLUG!

I would like to nominate myself to run for the Steering Committee again
this year.

I have really enjoyed this past year as your Vice Chair.  It's been a
lot of work, but also loads of fun.  In my time here, I presented on
Bash and ran the subsequent workshop, organized the Holiday Social,
organized and ran our "Un-Meeting", Emcee'ed a couple of times, and I
also host our monthly Hack Nights.

In addition to the general maintenance/keep-the-lights-on kinds of
activities, I also set up a Trello board to help organize the Steering
Committee's actions from meeting to meeting.  I believe this has helped
keep us on track - fewer things falling through the cracks, as it were.

I would love to see more activities and participation involving our
already active membership.  There have been some great ideas tossed
around (open music picnic, anyone?), and I think the Steering Committee
should be able to help the members who are interested in such things to
make them happen.

Thank you for selecting me for the committee last May; I sincerely hope
you'll allow me continue to serve for another year!

See you online!
Brian Gerard
Vice Chair
Triangle Linux Users Group