[TriLUG] Test SMTP Setup?

Brian Henning via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue May 19 14:33:23 EDT 2015

Hi gang,

I'm having trouble googling this because I don't know how to describe it concisely (this message's subject is a bit ambiguous).  Here's what I have going on:

I am running postfix on a server at home to handle e-mail for a handful of mailboxes on a few domains I own.  Courier is used for IMAP.  It's starting to have some problems which manifest in the form of my iPhone sometimes saying the server is being unresponsive when it tries to make the IMAP connection.  Given these problems, it seems like a good time to start investigating a new e-mail setup.  I have a cute little MiraBox doing nothing at the moment...

I've probed this list for suggestions on better SPAM management in the past, and someone mentioned Maia Mail Guard, which looks like exactly what I want out-of-the-box, and extensible enough if it isn't.

So now I'm faced with this apparent dilemma:  How do I run both of these in parallel for a while in order to vet the new setup without potentially losing mail?

1)      Mostly-working current mail setup

2)      Completely untested new mail setup

Is it a matter of making Postfix on the current setup redirect a copy of all inbound mail to the new server?  Can I do that with a procmail rule or is that a thing that postfix can do for me automagically?

Thanks,
-Brian