[TriLUG] One thing led to another and killed my Samsung Ultrabook running Linux Mint.

Ken MacKenzie via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri May 22 09:19:25 EDT 2015

To follow up on my suggestion...

The config file should be in your home directory here:

.config/Cadence/GlobalSetting.conf

Contents of mine:

[JACK]
AutoStart=false

[ALSA-Audio]
BridgeIndexType=0
BridgeChannels=2
BridgeTool=zita

[A2J]
AutoStart=false

[Pulse2JACK]
AutoStart=true
PlaybackModeOnly=false

To be safe in trying to see if the Jack autostart is the problem the first
"AutoStart" line definitely needs to be false.  However you may wish to
make sure all "AutoStart" lines are false.

Make these changes with vim at the command line and then reboot.  That
should answer the question if cadence and jack are truly the culprit
crashing mdm.

I will say this though I am current and using Mint 17 with Cadence from the
KXstudio repos and have had no such problem.  However I don't use cinnamon
or mate regularly.  I usually use openbox.

Ken