[TriLUG] One thing led to another and killed my Samsung Ultrabook running Linux Mint.

Ken MacKenzie via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri May 22 17:29:41 EDT 2015

Jack does not force using an rt kernel. Never has. It was preferred before
I think 2.4 to use an rt kernel but it takes studio level demands to
require it now.

I haven't run an rt kernel in at least 5 years and use linux for mutlitrack
recording and real time soft synths on stage.

On May 22, 2015 5:24 PM, "Ric Moore via TriLUG" <trilug at trilug.org> wrote:

> On 05/22/2015 05:14 PM, Jeremy Davis via TriLUG wrote:
>>
>> I see Pulse2JACK Autostart=true
>>
>> I can't seem to edit and save tho...
>>
>> Today I feel like such a noob! Darn it Clem! Linux Mint has made things
too
>> easy all these years.
>> On May 22, 2015 5:07 PM, "Jeremy Davis" <jeremyhwllc at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Again, if you are not running a professional audio studio setup at home,
I'd jerk jack out like a screaming Mandrake Root. The average user doesn't
need to contend with an rt kernel. Ric