[TriLUG] Bye bye Tiger

Lee Fickenscher via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri May 29 08:38:00 EDT 2015

I'm not sure how they do it, but Fry's has prices that generally rival and
sometimes beat online prices.
Besides that, I don't think Tiger Direct can even remotely compare to Fry's.
If you've never been, think of a Best Buy, hhgregg, Tiger Direct, and a
super-sized Radio Shack (back when Radio Shack was actually worth going to)
all rolled into one.
Plus all the electronics parts that Radio Shack would never have carried.

Any time I walk in a Fry's, my jaw drops, drool starts to flow, and my eyes
quadruple in size and glaze over.

It's geek mecca.