[TriLUG] Bye bye Tiger

Brian Henning via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri May 29 15:34:35 EDT 2015

> one warning on Fry's, they mostly repackage return item and sell as
> a new item.

TD did this too, which strikes me as an unethical business practice which should be illegal if it isn't already.

In the days of TD on Capital Blvd, they also had the crappiest inventory system ever.  Several times, the website said some number in stock, only for me to get there and find zero in stock.  After a couple of those experiences, I called to ask if an item was in stock; the clerk checked the computer and reported some number in stock, only for me to get there and find zero in stock.  Finally I started asking the clerk on the phone to visually confirm stock before I'd go, and more than once the clerk would come back on the line and report that there were actually zero in stock.

Most of the people that I encountered working at Tiger Direct also didn't know their [redacted] from holes in the ground.

I’m not sad to hear of Tiger's departure at all.