[TriLUG] Bye bye Tiger

David Burton via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri May 29 17:28:00 EDT 2015

I live over half an hour from Tiger's Raleigh location, and even farther
from their Durham store, so I didn't go to the store in person very often.
But I used to order from Tiger online in preference to NewEgg, because
Tiger had the local stores, and I figured that if I ever had a problem with
something, I could return or swap it at the store.

Then, a few years ago, I tried it. Something I ordered was DOA, and I was
out of time, so I grabbed the item and paperwork, and drove up the the
Raleigh store. Fortunately, they had a lot of them on the shelf, identical
to what I had bought. Unfortunately, they refused to swap my dead one for a
working one!

They told me that the mailorder/online operation was entirely separate from
the retail location, they did not accept returns at the store of items
ordered online, and I would have to mail it back to Tiger in Florida.

Jerks!

I don't think I ever ordered from them again.

Dave

On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 4:55 PM, Ken MacKenzie via TriLUG <trilug at trilug.org