[TriLUG] IPv6 and OpenWRT

Sean Alexandre via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sat Jul 18 16:27:30 EDT 2015

Thanks! That got me reading about stateless and stateful autoconfig,
etc, and things are working now.

It turns out my problem was I'd firewalled IPv6 on the machine that
needed an IPv6 address. I fixed that, and now it's getting a global
Internet address, and not a local address.

I should have mentioned this is for OpenWRT Chaos Calmer rc2. It runs a
daemon called odhcp6c [1,2] that does both RA (stateless) and DHCPv6
(stateful.) Both are enabled by default.

So this is pretty cool! My machine on my "LAN" is now on the Internet
too. (I'm not sure I can still call it my LAN??) I've still got firewall
rules that block access, but plan to open it up some. That's next...

[1] http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/techref/odhcp6c
[2] https://github.com/sbyx/odhcp6c