[TriLUG] DevFestNC 2015 Call for Speakers

Luke Dary via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Sep 2 10:41:54 EDT 2015

Jack and anyone else,

GDG stands for Google Developer Group, which are essentially just meetups
for people interested in Google developer technologies that exist around
the globe. GDG Triangle meets every third Tuesday of the month covering an
array of topics, and can be found on Meetup.com (
http://www.meetup.com/Google-Developer-Group-Triangle/) as well as Google+ (
https://plus.google.com/+GDGTriangleNC). One of the large events we have
put on for the last couple years is called DevFestNC. DevFests (
https://developers.google.com/events/devfest/?hl=en) are something Google
helps GDGs put on with the purpose of bringing the broader (not just Google
tech, although they like it when that is included) developer community
together.

This will be the third year for DevFestNC, and we've slowly grown the
participation over the last two years. The first year we had an assortment
of speakers present on a variety of topics (
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDSP2nNhjqZGc3hovTvwREZcPJNL2EPTW).
Last year we did an all-day look at Google's Polymer framework and a couple
of talks given by people on topics other than Polymer. I am looking forward
to this year as the facilities and staff at NCSSM are pretty fantastic.
I've already gotten a few speakers signed up, and need to go through them
to make sure we can accommodate all of them, but it should be a great time
to socialize with other developers.

If anyone has any other questions about the event or the group please feel
free to reach out to me. Also, we can always use a few volunteers to help
with setup and people-herding, or for helping people with any codelabs, and
we're also always on the lookout for sponsors to help offset costs for
things like food, badges, signage, and of course swag.

Luke