[TriLUG] eth0 to enp3s0f2

Matt Flyer via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Sep 9 16:38:44 EDT 2015

This change, which I ran into before, really strikes me as an example of violating the Unix Philosophy that is what makes the OS strong, powerful, secure, resilient, and a whole host of other positives compared to that other commercial system.  One of the fundamental principles is to do things in a manner that at crunch time, a person can take the proverbial bull by the horns and effectively work with the system that is both intuitive and discoverable.  These funky device names are neither.  Changing a well structured, human interpretable system into one designed around what works for the binary computer is just not how Linux should do things, with rare exceptions (X being one).

Sent from my iPad