[TriLUG] eth0 to enp3s0f2

William Sutton via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Sep 10 06:52:49 EDT 2015

glad you figured it out!

as an additional cautionary note, the same UDEV release introduced a fair
amount of hair pulling over md RAID groups if more than one such existed
on the same system (in Gentoo for sure; wouldn't surprise me if it
happened in other distros).  the solution was to assign super-minor
numbers to the md devices and then identify them by UUID in mdadm.conf.

Not that you're necessarily doing that... but there were other
implications in that particular UDEV release.

William Sutton