[TriLUG] Buh bye ClearWire

Reginald Reed via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Sep 15 10:01:35 EDT 2015

Another *huge* issue was how Sprint/Clear deployed WiMax, 2.5GHz.  Building
penetration is horrible at frequencies that high, so it also sucked for
mobile devices as well.  I was an early adopter with a Sprint HTC EVO 4G in
mid 2010.  Once inside a building, signal was pretty much non-existent
unless you were by a window (pointing towards the closest tower!).  This
also made it terrible moving.  That, coupled with Sprint's horrible EVDO
service back then, I actually paid the ETF to get the heck off Sprint.