[TriLUG] Books that inspired us

Peter Neilson via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Sep 17 14:48:26 EDT 2015

On Thu, 17 Sep 2015 14:09:48 -0400, Chris Knowles via TriLUG
<trilug at trilug.org> wrote:

> Ah... lists of books, one of my favorite things.
>
> *I Robot* - Isaac Asimov (and any of the laws of robotics short stories)

Same author: Word of Carbon, World of Nitrogen. Both non-fiction.

Various authors: biographies of Humphrey Davy, Thomas Edison, Nathaniel
Bowditch, among others.

The Bowditch biography was unfortunately "Carry on, Mr. Bowditch," which
is highly fictionalized. It's written for children, and does not adhere to
the truth, as if the mathematics involved (spherical trigonometry) were
not sufficiently exciting, I guess.