[TriLUG] Using two wireless adapters for two networks

Matthew Frazier via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sat Oct 24 13:04:11 EDT 2015

Hello, TriLUGgers,

I have some hardware I'd like to connect to that has an integrated
wireless access point. I'd like to connect to it with a USB wireless
interface and communicate with it on its IP range (say, 192.168.1.1/24),
while still being able to access the rest of the Internet on my
computer's integrated wireless card. Can anyone explain how to set this
up using NetworkManager (or, at least, in a way that won't confuse
NetworkManager)?

On that note, can anyone recommend an inexpensive USB wireless-N adapter
that works out of the box on recent Linux distros?

Thanks,
Matthew Frazier