[TriLUG] Wifi Bridge

Ron Kelley via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Oct 28 10:20:45 EDT 2015

Just to be clear, the Netgear extender does not have removable antenna units.  They are both fixed to the sides of the box.

To its benefit, the unit works in either Extender or Access Point mode.  The built-in RJ45 GigE port allows the unit to be an AP device by plugging into an existing network.  I used the Extender mode with some good success even though the campground WiFi box was quite a bit away from the unit.