[TriLUG] Wifi Bridge

John Vaughters via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Oct 28 11:01:27 EDT 2015

+1 on DD-WRT
I buy refurbished routers for $20-30 and load DD-WRT. There are tons of instructions on how to set it up. Also, you can bump up the radio strngth, but be careful as this could violate FCC laws. Tread with Caution, but know you have the capability.  Concerning the antenna, if it is not removable, then the entire unit needs to go outside and if you build some weather protection, this should work fine. I have used off the self routers under car ports and they lasted for years.
John Vaughters