[TriLUG] Wifi Bridge

Matt Flyer via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Oct 28 11:19:01 EDT 2015

Depending on your burdget, I've had VERY good results with Esteem wireless
modems.  They can be setup in various modes such as fo for area wide
access point or point to point bridge.  I installed a couple of them
almost two years ago running as a 900MHz bridge between a remote location
and a wired switch port.  I used Yaggi antennas to span the distance.

The modems run Linux and have the full range of security features that you
would expect, including IPTables, and all the wireless protocols.