[TriLUG] Wifi Bridge

C TC via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Oct 29 09:57:25 EDT 2015

Bill,

I'm curious about the info below.
With a single transceiver, would using the same length antenna
cables (on both sides) solve the issue; or are you saying the antennas
need to "see" each other? > Not have a metal wall between them.

Of course, you'd need an extender with removable antennas in
the first place.

*"Netgear EX6100 "range extender". This class of device receives wifi
packets and re-broadcasts them. They have a single transceiver connected to
2 antennas for diversity. Some are smart enough to not rebroadcast packets
that have already been acknowledged. If a device is out of range, it will
always rebroadcast. The primary concern with this type of device is
degradation of the free wifi service for everyone else. Sticking one
antenna outside will unbalance the antenna diversity circuitry, causing one
antenna to be automatically switched off."*