[TriLUG] Question Re. Linux Video Editing

Brian Gerard via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Nov 9 09:50:13 EST 2015

On 11/09/2015 09:36 AM, Scott Chilcote via TriLUG wrote:
> Hi LUGgers,
>
> I'm looking for a way to take a video recorded with my phone and replace
> its audio tracks.  It needs to be synchronized, so I need to be able to
> visually cue the replacement tracks before committing them.
>
> Does anyone know of a Linux software product that does this?
> I'm using Audacity to create the new audio, FWIW.
>
> Thanks for any pointers,
>    Scott C.

I currently use ffDiaporama (http://ffdiaporama.tuxfamily.org/) to combine and
edit the speaker and slide video streams of our meetings.  Joseph Rand pointed
us (the Steering Committee, that is) to it earlier this year, and it's been
performing admirably ever since.  Note that I am not any kind of A/V expert,
so you should take any quality issues as reflective on the person doing the
editing rather than the product that's being used.  ;)

HTH-
Brian