[TriLUG] Question Re. Linux Video Editing

Ed Blackman via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Nov 12 15:45:12 EST 2015

On Mon, Nov 09, 2015 at 09:47:51AM -0500, John Mitchell via TriLUG wrote:
> Check out Openshot, works great;
>
> http://www.openshot.org/

I'll second the recommendation for Openshot for working with video and
audio tracks.  It's very easy to use for basic operations like lining up
video and audio tracks, trimming tracks, and live review of the current
version.

I used it extensively this past summer to create a slideshow of about
250 pictures, some video clips, with a music audio track.  Openshot does
have the capability of inserting pictures, but didn't handle that volume
of pictures at all well.  I ended up using another program to create a
video from the pictures, then imported that video file in Openshot to do
the final editing.

--
Ed Blackman