[TriLUG] Best attached storage

Ken MacKenzie via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Dec 10 10:20:12 EST 2015

If you need fast usb file access first of all USB 3 for the port, but keep
in mind all usb 3.0 are very not equal.  I have a low profile 32gb I keep
connected to my chromebook.  It is fast enough for average size files but
it barely hits usb 2.0 speeds in transfer.  If you need full usb 3.0 speed
transfer you will need to spend more for a more full size device.  I have a
64gb one PNY drive that does hit full 3.0 speeds that I use for direct hard
disk recording on location.