[TriLUG] hybrid systems/software job at Red Hat

Hrivnak, Michael via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Jan 14 18:01:16 EST 2016

http://jobs.redhat.com/jobs/descriptions/python-developer-red-hat-update-infrastructure-raleigh-north-carolina-job-1-6143078

In addition to the usual collection of open positions at Red Hat, the broad
team I work on has an interesting opportunity. We need someone with strong
systems engineering experience and enough python skills to be dangerous.
You'd be working on this product:

https://access.redhat.com/products/red-hat-update-infrastructure

It runs inside the large public clouds, serving Red Hat software to anyone
who runs a Red Hat image.

The job is largely about facilitating robust deployments that meet the
needs of large cloud providers. The software behind it is Pulp [0]. You'd
be working with the upstream team (which I happen to lead) to get upstream
releases incorporated into the product, maintaining and improving the
installer, ensuring that the deployment model meets HA and scalability
needs, and working with high-performance storage and load balancing
products.

Python-wise, you need to be able to troubleshoot, identify, and fix bugs in
a python web app. There is also a command-line interface written in python
that you'd be responsible for. Otherwise new features get developed by the
upstream team, but if you want to dig into more python development, the
opportunity is definitely there.

This job does NOT come with a pager. There is a separate team that provides
support for live deployments.

Let me know if you are interested, and we can talk in more detail. As
always, I'm happy to give an internal referral.

Michael

[0] http://www.pulpproject.org