[TriLUG] TriLUG Lightning Talks - Thursday, 11th February 2016, 7pm

Matthew Frazier via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sun Jan 31 17:20:42 EST 2016

Topic: Sound Reinforcement 101, For Software People
Presenter: Matthew Frazier

Linux is excellent for audio work, but this won't cover too much of the
software side. This talk is more for those who are coming at sound
reinforcement from the software side, and getting tripped up when audio
signals behave differently than software people tend to expect. (Like
me, when I first started getting involved with the production crew at
church.)

Depending on how much I can pack into 10 minutes, we'll cover the nature
of sound, how it gets carried in both analog and digital forms, what all
the weird equipment you see sound engineers carrying around does, and
how to finagle sound into the format you want when you're hooking cables
together.

Thanks,
Matthew Frazier