[TriLUG] Pidgin as a background service

Mauricio Tavares via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Feb 4 10:42:15 EST 2016

On Thu, Feb 4, 2016 at 10:30 AM, Ken MacKenzie <ken at mack-z.com> wrote:
> Protocol in question is FB chat which is no longer XMPP but there is a new
> plugin for pidgin that works well.
>
> If the plugin is in pidgin it should work in finch.  I just want to make
> sure all FB chats are captured to a file no matter where I am.

      Then give finch a try; you can even run it from your account's
bin dir instead of doing a normal proper install. Only question would
then be where you would run it from: home or somewhere in the net.

Log files for, say, trilug's irc would be in
/home/user/.purple/logs/irc/ircusername at irc.freenode.net/#trilug.chat

I like finch because it is fairly lightweight