[TriLUG] trying to repair a MBR

Christopher Merrill via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sat Feb 6 22:24:55 EST 2016

So I was able to fix the MBR using Hiren's boot CD.

This line no longer appears in the boot-repair output:
  => No boot loader is installed in the MBR of /dev/sda.

Unfortunately, still no boot.

os-prober reports:
Windows not detected by os-prober on sda3.

Not sure if that is normal.

At this point, I assume the windows boot is corrupted, so I'll take this
problem to another forum. Of course, if anyone sees anything in the
boot-repair output that might be helpful, I'll still be listening :)

http://paste.ubuntu.com/14955330/

TIA!
Chris