[TriLUG] Opinion Seeking: Remote Linux Desktops

John Vaughters via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Feb 22 10:40:30 EST 2016

x2go blows away anything on the market. It is using the same technology as NX. But NX is turning into a paid solution. Both are great, but I moved to x2go as my primary remote access. You can even just run one application, so it can be an application service as well. It uses ssh and is compressed and encrypted. If anyone can find a better solution then NX technology, I would love to hear it.
I still use VNC for versions of embedded linux that do not support x2go. Also, I use VNC on Linux and windows to share console sessions.
John Vaughters

    On Monday, February 22, 2016 10:28 AM, Mauricio Tavares via TriLUG <trilug at trilug.org> wrote:

 On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 10:04 AM, Ken MacKenzie via TriLUG
<trilug at trilug.org> wrote:
> VNC is how I do it but when outside the house, only over a tunneled SSH
> connection.

      I second that motion. But then again I am doing it right now.
Just setup VNC to do localhost only since the ssh port forwarding will
take care of that.