[TriLUG] IEEE Spectrum interview of Linus marking 25th year of Linux

Matt Flyer via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Mar 30 10:35:08 EDT 2016

Ditto.

I remember 24 years ago, give or take, being a sophomore in college and
going to a seminar one evening that was presented by one of my professors.
 He discussed two topics that he claimed were going to revolutionize the
computer industry.  One of the topics was on this new invention called
USB.  The other was Linux and I distinctly recall the amazement and
enthusiasm expressed his speech received when he stated that it was
porting the Unix kernel to a 386 processor.