[TriLUG] Tablet Recommendations

Matt Flyer via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon May 2 11:15:45 EDT 2016

My parents are wanting to get a new tablet to replace a Verizon Freebie
that needs to be perpetually rebooted.  I am also considering getting one
for my wife who has been using an ipad mini with a cracked screen that is
starting to fail.

They're leaning towards a android based one, as opposed to Apple or
Windows but are perplexed by all the variations in the models.

Does anyone have experience with one that they would recommend and would
you share what you like and don't like about it?