[TriLUG] Request for help: residential internet service provider options.

Steve Holton via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed May 25 11:59:26 EDT 2016

Excellent suggestions, Thanks!!

I'll need to review my options when I get home.

One thing I have noticed is that the PPPOE link is repeatedly dying. The
2nd level at Windstream said I had lost link 30 times over 3 days, which is
roughly consistent with what syslog reports.  The scenario seems to be that
if 5 sequential pings over the PPPOE link fail, the connection is
automatically reset.   I'll look into this again when I get home.

Thanks again.

--
Steve Holton
sph0lt0n at gmail.com