[TriLUG] Request for help: residential internet service provider options.

Roger via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed May 25 12:29:34 EDT 2016

Try using Google's DNS servers,

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/

READ about how to do correctly. My recollection is that edits to resolv.conf, commonly recommended, get over written when rebooting and one needs to edit another file which is the source of the settings. The name escapes my feeble mind at the moment. I probably have the name /method at home.

This approach helped me when Verizon's DNS servers were balky. Good luck.
--
Roger Broseus

(Please excuse tiepos induzed by the droided predictive text tool.)