[TriLUG] OT: APC Back-Ups ES 650 For Sale

Peter Neilson via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu May 26 14:02:38 EDT 2016

On Thu, 26 May 2016 11:58:05 -0400, Alan Sterger via TriLUG
<trilug at trilug.org> wrote:

> APC Back-Ups ES 650 for sale $20.  Replaced battery in 2014, I believe.
> In excellent shape, works fine.

I have had several of the APC units for a few years now, and most of them
seem to turn to toast, some literally, complete with smoke. Not to knock
the item Alan is selling, but does anyone have a recommendation for a
SOLID household UPS, just to support of couple of sort-of-old Linux boxes,
that won't crap out or burn down the mansion?